Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Who Needs to Change?


1 Timothy 2:1

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.

I like this verse.  Well, most of it.  I like that Paul ask us to pray for all people.  Not just your friends.  Not just those who you think need prayers.  Everyone.  Ask, on their behalf, for God to help them.  That part is easy.  But, why is it so hard to give thanks for them?  

The people that you aren't crazy about, that give you grief no matter what you do, the ones that you just do not understand, where are they on your list of prayers?  Usually, I pray that God helps me have an understanding heart when it comes to these people.  I remember my grandmother telling me that maybe it isn't the other person that God wants to change, but maybe it's you.  Wow, that was powerful when she said it.  It knocks you down a notch or two, doesn't it?  But wait...the thought that God is using that contrary person to change your perspective is wonderful.  God is always working on us to mold us into his likeness.  Sometimes this may be the way he does it.  So keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment