Wednesday, May 30, 2012

He Knows


It’s been a long weekend.  We enjoyed the nice weather, did a little shopping, mostly window, and are now getting into a routine for summer.  I asked Allie yesterday if it was weird being off school and she said that every day felt like Saturday.  I have to agree with her.  I’m sure Mike doesn’t because he has not let up on his schedule.  He did not get any extra time off from work, but we did get to spend most of the weekend together. 

This summer is going to be strange.  I will be working either 9 to 5 or 1 to 9, Mike works his 12-hour shift and if Allie finds a job (pray for that), then she will be working.  Poor Timm will be alone at times.  That may or not be good for him.    Being alone can be good.  I like to be alone, most of the time.  I think that is why I get up early (not usually on purpose) to enjoy some quiet time alone.  It could just be that my body is tired of laying.  I am not sure.  But Jesus went to be alone to pray, to meditate.  I think he always had a lot on his mind, I’m sure.  He had a heavy heart for those that swarmed after him, needing his leadership.  As a shepherd, he saw the need in all the people of that day.  He can see the need in you and me too.  As a shepherd knows what his sheep need, Jesus knows what we need and provides it.  It may be someone to come into our life and touch us.  It may be a situation that will get us on track.  He knows us, and you know him.  It may take some time, but in the end, you will know that God was the one orchestrating your life.

Psalm 23:1
                The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Matthew 9:36
                When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment