Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


It has been way too long.  I am trying hard to get back on track in a lot of areas of my life, and this is one that I have neglected for too long.  I hope that you will forgive me.  Life is too short and I really enjoyed writing and telling you my thoughts, so I am going to give it a go again.    I hope this blesses you.

2 Timothy 1:5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

I have a great mother.  She is firm, but gentle, patient, kind, supportive, yet stern.  No matter the circumstance, she always wants to make sure I am okay.  She worries more than she should, which, when I type it out seems strange because I am a mother too, but she worries a lot.  As strange as this sounds she has grown as a person, a Christian, and I enjoy watching her.  When I was a child, she was the first recollection of someone introducing me to Christ.  I remember sitting in bed and mom reading a bed time story to me, but it was a big book of Bible stories.  I loved looking at the pictures and seeing the wrath of God rain down on his people’s enemies, or the love Mary had for Jesus when she gave birth. 

As a mother myself, I try hard to see how she felt when she was raising my sister and me.  We all have similar experiences as parents, and I am thankful for that.  The bond between a mother and child gets stronger and sometimes it is fierce.  I love my mother and I thank her for her Christianity, and I thank God for how he chose her as my mother.  There is nothing like a mother’s love.  There is also nothing like a child’s love for their mother.  I hope you expressed your love and appreciation for your mom today or you remembered your mom who may have passed already.  The best thing you can do is honor her by telling your children and their children about her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment