Tuesday, May 22, 2012

He Does Supply You Needs


Philippians 4:19

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

This has been a rough couple of weeks.  But amazingly, or actually not, we are doing okay.  At the end of August, I lost my job.  To be honest, I was looking and not happy where I was.  It was a relief to be let go.  I wasn’t going to quit, unless something better came along, but when they let me go, I actually had a few months off and got to help out wholly with the kids’ marching band.  I finally got a part-time job and started October  31st.  During that time, I searched for a job and focused on my family. 

I started the job and it was part-time.  It was completely foreign to me.  I have never thought of myself as a salesperson, but yet, I am doing it, and I am pretty good at it.  I’m not the best, and I fumble over my pitch, but I am trying.  Anyway, I still drew unemployment, but things started to get tighter and tighter.  We squeezed (and are still squeezing) as much as we could out of each penny.  It’s not fun, it’s not easy, but we are (barely) floating.  God still provided.  Sometimes we had to wait on certain things, Christmas was smaller than ever, but everyone got something fun.  Several people gave us things unexpectedly and we are forever grateful for them and especially my parents.

Now, through my learning and hard work, I now have a full-time job, better pay and God is still providing.  Let me give this example.  Last week we planted our garden.  We planted beans, watermelon, cucumbers, zucchini,  and peppers.  Dad has planted tomatoes, lettuce, radishes.  God willing, between us, we will have an abundance.  Yesterday, Mike was out trimming bushes and our neighbor brought us 7 tomato plants, a bag of beans and some Miracle Grow potting soil.  He said to give back what we don’t use.  He and his wife are sweet and we enjoy them, but we didn’t expect this at all. 

This is my second week as full time and my first week without the unemployment.  We have relied on the little bit of money as gas money for three of us.  This week, we are hoping to make it through without it.  It’s been hard and Friday is payday, but God is keeping me calm and I honestly have faith that we are doing okay.  Allie is applying for jobs, so we are crossing our fingers, Mike is working a little overtime, and we are doing okay.  There are still bills to catch up on, some unexpected things that we need to deal with, but God has kept us under his wings, sheltered, fed and each need answered one way or the other.  For me this is a testimony of God’s amazing grace through Christ.  He does take care of you, you just have to be willing to accept the help as it comes. 

Thank you for all your prayers, thoughts, coupons and love.  We love you too and want to repay the kindness some day.  I hope I will see the opportunity when it comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment