Thursday, May 17, 2012

Being Content


It’s a beautiful day.  The sun is starting to come up, the dew is on the grass and God is on his throne.  What more could we want?  We always want more, don’t we?  Sadly that is so true.  We are never satisfied.  We are always yearning for more.  We are always wanting to get ahead.  We are always thinking about the next big thing. 

I try hard not to worry about others and what they have.  For Mother’s Day, my husband asked me what I wanted.  I said, “I do not need anything.  I don’t want anything.”  He kind of got mad and said, “Well we need to get you something.”  No, they don’t.  Finally he suggested some vegetation for the garden.  Now that’s something I agreed to because in the end, we all will use and eat that.  There is nothing more I honestly want.  My family is pretty healthy, we are following God and He is taking care of us.  What more do I need?

Philippians 4:10 –  13

10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment