Monday, October 24, 2011

God's Plan for Me

It’s turning out to be a long journey.  I found myself unemployed at the end of the summer and we have been okay with that.  We are trying to follow God’s leading and appreciate all the advice and encouragement from our family and friends.  It’s been a blessing to be able to help my kids, parents and others during this time.  When I was first let go, I wasn’t even that sad.  The place I left was not my favorite place.  I liked a lot of my co-workers, people I met, but there were aspects of the job that left me sad and longing for something else.  I can honestly say that it was not a shock to be let go.  I was in the process of looking for something closer to home and something that I thought would be more my style.

I have found that God always has a plan.  I saw this from the beginning.  My kids and I needed to reconnect better.   I have been able to be at all their school functions, and luckily, they are okay with that.  They don’t get angry that I am around and for that I am grateful.    My husband has expressed that he likes having me home has been a blessing for him too.  He knew I was unhappy, more than I knew.  Again, God’s hand was there.  My father is going through some heart issues and will be in the hospital part of this week.  Again, God has not led me to a job so I can be there for both Dad and Mom.  I see God’s hand everywhere in my life.    Even my dog has enjoyed that during this cold weather, she doesn’t have to spend all day out on the back porch.  She can come in and be warm.

Isn’t it amazing that what most people would have found as devastating, my family has turned into a blessing?  It doesn’t mean that that house is cleaner, and we are still worrying about how to pay bills and have a nice Christmas for everyone, but we are enjoying our time together.   As a family, we are learning to get by on less, though some days it doesn’t feel like it.  I thank God everyday for what we have and what we are trying to do. 

I am still looking for a job and have been on several interviews.  I’m not in a hurry, and I know when God has a place for me, I’ll be happy and take it.  But for now, it’s nice to be a stay-at-home mom.   I think my faith and the faith that we have developed as a family has helped me not turn this in to a pity party.  I just praise God for what he has given me, and continues to supply for us.  I hope that this encourages you, as it has encouraged me.  It’s a journey and an adventure that I do not wish on anyone, but  if you are going through this, keep your attitude checked in to God and his promises.  It changes your whole outlook on what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment