Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Failing to Succeed

Daniel 2:8-9

8 Then the king answered, “I am certain that you are trying to gain time, because you realize that this is what I have firmly decided: 9 If you do not tell me the dream, there is only one penalty for you. You have conspired to tell me misleading and wicked things, hoping the situation will change. So then, tell me the dream, and I will know that you can interpret it for me.”


To be in charge, you must be able to show the authority, be smart and able to lead.  King Nebuchadnezzar did all these.  He realized that the astrologers and wise men around him were trying to trick him.  He set a trap of sorts for them.  He wanted them to tell him what he dreamed.  If any of them could do that, then he would know that they could tell him the meaning.  


Knowing someone so well that you know what they are thinking is one thing, but to actually know about a very strange dream  they had is next to impossible.  I am not a huge risk taker.  I would not want to be in this predicament.  I am sure neither did the astrologers and wise men.  But Nebuchadnezzar was cunning and new how to get to people.  It makes you think that he really was setting people up to fail, with terrible consequences.  I always feel that people are already waiting for me to fail. Sometimes I do, sometimes I succeed.  But God wants us to rely on him and know that no matter what he will make all our successes or failures turn good for his glory.  Just trust him!

No comments:

Post a Comment