Friday, October 7, 2011

Dream a Little Dream

Daniel 2:1-4

1 In the second year of his reign, Nebuchadnezzar had dreams; his mind was troubled and he could not sleep. 2 So the king summoned the magicians, enchanters, sorcerers and astrologers[a] to tell him what he had dreamed. When they came in and stood before the king, 3 he said to them, “I have had a dream that troubles me and I want to know what it means.[b]


Do you have dreams?  I usually do not remember any dreams I have.  Maybe I just don't sleep long enough.  But, King Nebuchadnezzar dreamed and they bothered him.  Dreams can make you crazy.  You can worry about what they mean, why you dreamed them and you wonder if God is trying to tell you something.  So when I get to heaven, I want to ask God why some people dream.


Anyway, Nebuchadnezzar was so disturbed by these dreams that he gathered his advisors.  If a dream bothers you that much, you should talk about it.  My kids tell me their strange dreams and I giggle at them because sometimes they are just crazy.  I have also been there for the nightmares.  Those can be awful.  I am sure that Nebuchadnezzar was worried about his night dreams.  But this time, God was giving Daniel an edge to get in good with the King, as we will see next time.  I hope this weekend you have sweet dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment