Monday, October 3, 2011

Eat your Veggies!

Daniel 1:15-16

15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.


If there was ever an argument for eating your vegetables, this is it.  Daniel and the other young men who were captured by King Nebuchadnezzar, didn't want to eat the rich foods offered to them by the king.  They made the deal of eating just vegetables and relied on God to keep them healthy.  God blessed them and they looked better and were healthier than the men who ate the royal food.  How's that for telling your kids to eat their vegetables?


It makes me giggle.  I use to hate most vegetables.  My tastes have changed, and I like a lot more of them now, but I might have thought twice about it if someone had told me this story.  It seems silly, but to an eight year old, I'll bet eating is serious business.  God wants us at our best and eating healthy is a part of that.  Having a healthy body, helps with a healthy mind, and a healthy soul.  All three, when working together, provides us with the opportunities that we can't create when we are sick.  So, eat your vegetables and help your self stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment