Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What a beautiful face it will be!

Psalm 11
 1 In the LORD I take refuge.
       How then can you say to me:
       "Flee like a bird to your mountain.
    2 For look, the wicked bend their bows;
       they set their arrows against the strings
       to shoot from the shadows
       at the upright in heart.

    3 When the foundations are being destroyed,
       what can the righteous do?"

    4 The LORD is in his holy temple;
       the LORD is on his heavenly throne.
       He observes everyone on earth;
       his eyes examine them.

    5 The LORD examines the righteous,
       but the wicked, those who love violence,
       he hates with a passion.

    6 On the wicked he will rain
       fiery coals and burning sulfur;
       a scorching wind will be their lot.

    7 For the LORD is righteous,
       he loves justice;
       the upright will see his face.


I like this passage.  I can hide in the Lord.  He will protect me.  When all else is hopeless and the wicked are poised, ready to strike, what can we do?  I feel in the midst of a battle of sorts right now as it is.  I could get down on myself, saying that God is punishing us.  But I don't think that is what is going on here.  I think this is a small valley.  I mean, have you seen the news?  That lady in South Carolina suffocated her two little boys, people are losing their jobs every day.  I am still me and God is still God.  He examines the righteous, but he hates the wicked and will send them to hell.  What will the righteous get?  We get to see his face.  That is a great goal.  That is what I have to keep my mind on while I am going back and forth to doctors, taking care of my kids and paying each bill.  I want to see His face.

1 comment: