Friday, August 27, 2010

Psalm 16

Psalm 16 makes me happier.  I need those first two verses today.  With Son's pending nose surgery, I needed to be reminded.  I know that this surgery is not a big deal compared to a lot of surgeries, but it's his first time.  He reminded me that actually it's not his first surgery.  The first time was when he had tubes put in his ears.

We were at Children's Hospital in Dayton.  He was four and when they put him in a room, he was pretty excited because there was a game system there.  Son sat on the bed, I gave him the controller and he started.  He was content.  When the nurse came in to give him the meds to keep him calm before surgery, he took it and kept playing.  They finally came in and took him.  He wasn't happy, but he went.  He fought that medicine and was still awake and kinda alert.  When they brought him back, he was put in bed and he started crying.  The nurses were trying to get him to calm down and asking he all sorts of questions.  Finally, I said, "Just give him the remote for the game system back."  When they did that, he immediately stopped crying and put his attention on the tv. 

I know he didn't sleep last night much.  And because he is not allowed to eat, he says he is starving.  Why is that any other morning, he really doesn't want much, but because the doctor and nurse told him that he can't eat solid food after midnight, he wants to eat everything?  I hate that psychology.  I think he is taking his MP3 player.

Psalm 16
 1 Keep me safe, my God,
       for in you I take refuge.
    2 I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
       apart from you I have no good thing."


So prayer for calmness and healing is the order for today.  Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment