Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Psalm 13

Psalm 13

Psalm 13

For the director of music. A psalm of David.
    1 How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever?
       How long will you hide your face from me?     2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
       and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
       How long will my enemy triumph over me?
    3 Look on me and answer, LORD my God.
       Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
    4 and my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
       and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
    5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
       my heart rejoices in your salvation.
    6 I will sing the LORD's praise,
       for he has been good to me.

I have to apologize.  Not for taking the break the past two days.  It's been a much needed time of rest and taking care of my family and myself.  But I feel like I am complaining to anyone who will listen.  For that I am sorry.  Things have overwhelmed us and we are waiting on doctors and healing to come.  I get overloaded with sleeplessness, trying to keep busy and then BOOM!  Something else shows up.

I feel like David in this Psalm.  I know that God hasn't forgot me and what he brings me through will make me stronger, but I wrestle with my thoughts, I give in to the fear, and I worry, worry, worry.  I have to memorize verses 5 and 6.  By trusting in God's unfailing love, the load I am carrying is no longer heavy.  He has picked it off my shoulders and took it on himself.  Timm always asks me why I am short.  I don't really mind being short.  Sometimes it is a good thing because all of my family members can help me by getting the high things off the shelves and doing the heavy lifting when needed.  I can do the things that require to be closer to the ground.  I think God is so big that we all feel small or short at times.  But when it comes to burdens, we all feel the same way, don't we?  Well I hope we do, so I don't feel too alone here.

So no matter what, don't feel alone.  I promise not to complain, but rather listen to your problems.  I promise to make sure to pray for each of you and hope you pray for me and my family.  Trust in God's love and rejoice in your salvation, for the Lord's been good to us.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes you just have to put it out there. and if it sounds like a complaint so be it. God knows your heart.

    i need to just cry out to him, but i won't let go of my neat and tidy life in order to get dirty enough to turn it over.

    ReplyDelete