Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God Is Always In Control

A lot has happened to this earth in the last month or so.  Japan is still dealing with the aftermath of that devastating earthquake and tsunami. Conditions have been right all across the United States for tornadoes, floods, and wildfires.  It has been raining here in the Ohio Valley for a while and everything is soggy and saturated.  People joke about building arks and floating away.  But Psalm 104 tells us how God takes care of everything he has created.

Psalm 104:5-7
 5He established the earth upon its foundations,
         So that it will not totter forever and ever.
    6You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
         The waters were standing above the mountains.
    7At Your rebuke they fled,
         At the sound of Your thunder they hurried away. 


Though the rain falls, the ground shakes, or the air is poisoned, God is still here, in control of it all.  The animals trust God to provide for them, and we should too.  Almost every day, Timm asks me, What's for supper?  Most days I have a plan.  Some days I don't.  But I figure it out.  Thank goodness God has a plan and takes care of everything in his time.  


Psalm 104:27
 27They all wait for You
         To give them their food in due season. 


We always have what we need when we need it.  Not when we want it.  But we have to have the faith to trust in God and the confidence that no matter what he is taking care of us.  Praise Him!

Psalm 104: 33-34
   33I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
         I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
    34Let my meditation be pleasing to Him;
         As for me, I shall be glad in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment