Monday, April 4, 2011

At His Feet

I love how God is not always described as this big, menacing spirit that is watching us as we go about our day.  There is a church sign that Allie and I see on our way to dance class that makes us giggle.  Lately it has said, 'Your undercover boss is watching you.'  When I see that sign, I always think of that coming across as a stalker.  But then I think, Why is God undercover?  If God is undercover, then you never know he's there.  God wants you to know he's there at all times.  He wants you to remember him.  He wants you to know that he is your Father.  And what did you do in the evenings when your father sat down to watch television or read the newspaper?  Well back in the day, I would play on the floor, or lay on the floor and watch tv.    Our living room was small, but we would always have room to be on the floor, reading, coloring, watching tv.  I was at my father's feet.  That is what this verse reminds me of. 

Psalm 99:5
Exalt the LORD our God
   and worship at his footstool;
   he is holy. 


I hope that is what it will be like in heaven, sitting at our father's feet, listening, singing, communing with other Christians.  Maybe God will tell us stories, talk to us about his love and Jesus.  All we need to do is listen and praise him.  Maybe even sometimes now, we need to sit quietly like we are at God's feet and worship. Being on our knees, worshiping with a book, poem, cd, or just in the quiet is sometimes theraputic.  Sometimes it is just what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment