Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Super Human

Yesterday, I was tired.  I didn't stay up too late Sunday night.  It was a busy weekend though.  I only drank one cappaccino, but at 5:30 when I left work, I stopped and got a Mt. Dew.  I hardly ever drink them anymore.  When I got home, Mike asked me what was wrong.  Allie told me I looked really tired.  I was.  I am still tired, but not like I was.  I am wondering if it is just because I knew I had to be at work for ten hours yesterday.  Everyone who knows me knows that this is not my favorite time to work.  It's rough to get use to until Friday.  Then everyone is happy because they get off at noon on Friday.  Maybe my body is balking subconsiously.

Even Jesus grew tired, after all, he was human.  I always like to think of Jesus as a super-human.  Never getting in trouble, never tiring, can leap tall buildings in a single bound.  But as I am reading this book, The Shack, it puts in perspective a little the differences and similarities of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  Jesus was human.  He walked this earth and ate the food.  He joked with his friends, he cried, he loved, and he got angry.  He slept when he was tired.

John 4:6
Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour.

The Bible has all kinds of instances that prove to us that he was just like you and me.  So why do we put him on a pedestal?  Because he did something that none of us could ever do.  He chose to die for others.  He didn't die for himself, to give himself glory.  He died because he wanted us to live with him forever.  How can we turn down an offer like that?

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful offer/gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that! I am following you now! Thanks for visiting Peaceful Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - i LOOOOVE this blog.....
    *new follower here*
    you should check out some of my inspirational pieces...
    good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete