Monday, June 28, 2010

Seeds of Faith

I have been reading a devotion that I found that a group of women all share in.  It's called Seeds of Faith (http://www.seedsoffaithwomen.com/).  This group is looking for others to write for the site.  I sent in my devotion blog and told them to look at it.  They did and asked me to join them.  I am pretty excited about this.  My first entry will be July 31st.  I hope you all take a moment and go to the site.  But pray that my post is encouraging to others and that I will be the instrument that God intends.

In doing this, I am stepping out on faith that God is leading me down a new path.  I am not sure how confident or good I am at this, but I have faith that God will use me because i am willing and letting him.

Mark 4:31-32
 31"It is like a mustard seed, which, when sown upon the soil, though it is smaller than all the seeds that are upon the soil,
 32yet when it is sown, it grows up and becomes larger than all the garden plants and forms large branches; so that THE BIRDS OF THE AIR can NEST UNDER ITS SHADE." 

I am only one (now I sound like that commercial), but it only takes one when God is involved.  But, becoming a part of something like this will hopefully encourage someone else to take a step out and become one too.  So when more than one of us takes that leap of faith, we can all grow like the little mustard seed.  It becomes a huge plant.  We can become a big plant in God's garden. 

During this time, I hope to encourage each of you to read or write something of your own.   I am reading a story called "The Help".  It's not a religious story, but something I have found interesting is that one of the ladies is known as a great prayer warrior.  She doesn't say prayers, she writes them down.  Every day, she writes out her prayer list, concerns, and tells God her heart.  How cool is that?

Having faith as a mustard seed, that teeny tiny almost miniscule seed, planting it into fertile soil, and seeing it grow into a huge plant that even birds can rest in, is rewarding.  It is the same with us.  We use just a little of our talent, our resources, and our faith, and it starts to multiply.  Pretty soon it's overflowing.  That's what my desire is.  To grow the talent God has given me and watch it encourage others.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. We never know how God uses what we give him. We never see what he sees, sometimes it doesn't feel like he is asking a lot, or it feels like what he is asking is silly or hard, but he always has a master plan that is so much bigger than us!
    I will be looking for you at Seeds of Faith!! how fun!! =)

    ReplyDelete