Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Only One for the Job

Daniel 7:13-14
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.


In my very limited studies, (mostly listening to songs, preaching, and reading the Bible), these verses are about Jesus.  Daniel had a vision and in this part of it, the "son of man" approached "the Ancient of Days" and interestingly was led to where God was.  I love that God is called Ancient of Days.  First, it makes him seem sold.  I like that God is the oldest living thing.  I have an appreciation for older, wiser people.  I think this is because I do not feel wise or older (even though I am turning a year older soon).  Those that have come before me have given their legacy to us.  They usually know what is best.  I don't always feel that way.  Just getting my kids through this time in their lives makes me feel inadequate at times.  
God, in his infinite wisdom knew that Jesus was the right person for the job. God gave him power, authority and glory.  Everyone that knows Christ and his kingdom comes to realize that it will not pass away.  He will not ever be overtaken.  Praise God for his choice.  For Jesus was the only one for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment