Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
As does most people, this is one of my favorite verses of the Bible, John 3:16. But the seventeenth verse is just as important. When I was a young choir member at church, we sang a song that was based on John 3:17. I remembering disliking the song. I think it was because of the tune, but I was a young Christian and did not want to sing it. But, being the faithful and good choir member I was, performed it. Today, if I could find the music, I might consider singing it again. What a valuable message. God sent his son into the world, not to condemn the world, but to save it. How I long to get that message out to the world. I see people every day that want to be accepted, loved and forgiven, but are scared that someone will see their faults if they walk into a church. I like that a my brothers and sisters see my faults and still love me. It still makes me want to do better, and grow, but at least I know I am forgiven. We need to start doing the same for strangers. See them for themselves, and love, accept and forgive them. That love and acceptance is what we all want and need to thrive. Start today by doing something nice for someone. It could be just saying a nice word, sending a note or phone call to a someone you haven't seen in a while. No matter what, love the unloved. Do not condemn them, they get enough of that from the world. Love them the best way you know how. Then your Valentine's Day may get brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment