Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dreams Scare Me

Daniel 7:1-3
1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream, and visions passed through his mind as he was lying in bed. He wrote down the substance of his dream.
 2 Daniel said: “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea. 3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.

I think dreams that I have in my sleep are the worst.  I think it is because I don't understand why I have them most of them time.  Am I worried about something?  Did I eat something I should not have?  Did God want to show me something?  I can't answer any of these, and I think that unknown is what drives me crazy.  Also, do all dreams mean something?  Boy, I hope not.  I have heard of some weird stuff.  If they mean anything, I don't want to know.  I think in these cases ignorance is really bliss.
In the Bible, when someone had a dream, there was usually someone around that was an known interpreter.  Nowadays, I am not sure I'd trust anyone to tell me what a dream means.  It is creepy that someone else would know what I am dreaming.  It doesn't seem normal.  
But Daniel interpreted dreams for many people.  It was a gift that was given to him by God.  He even interpreted his own dream. As we will see, Daniel's dream was strange, but as usual, God was trying to send a message. I'm glad my messages usually come from the Bible or people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment