Friday, November 4, 2011

Foundation

Daniel 2:36-43



36 “This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king. 37 Your Majesty, you are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; 38 in your hands he has placed all mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds in the sky. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold.
 39 “After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. 40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. 41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

I am so glad I do not have to interpret dreams.  Kingdoms represented, countries torn apart, and such bad news to give.  I would rather people come to realizations on their own.  I do not want to spell it out for them.  That's why   I am not in the psychic business.  

As Daniel described what the statue was, a lot of emphasis was on the feet and toes.  At first I thought that was strange, but then I realized that your feet are a foundation.  No matter the size, they help you stand up.  Most of you know that I have small feet.  My Dad's mom had even smaller (and wider) feet, and my Dad has little feet too.  But, we usually stay upright and they get us where we need to go.  I just started a new job a week ago and after the first half shift, my feet hurt!  I am not use to standing on them for more than a few minutes.  I did not sit down but one time during the shift and my dogs were barking!  But then next two shifts, my feet took it in stride.  I didn't even notice if they were in pain or not until I got home.  The more you stand on them, the more support.  The more I stand on God's Word, the more support I get from Him and his book.  My foundation is something that I try to keep a focus on.  For with my foundation is my faith, my joy and my hope.  The hard part is trying to help my family with their find their foundation.  I think I could have done a better job at it, but, I see some rewards already.  Next week, Allie and I are going to Cincinnati Christian University in a couple of weeks for our first college visit.  How exciting!  Her foundation is starting to grow.  It may not be her choice in college, but she is excited to consider it.  And, so am I.  

No comments:

Post a Comment