Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ask


John 16:22-24
22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. 23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

Last night at Bible Study, my dad reminded me of these verses.  If you want something, no matter how big, like money, a healing, or a job, and no matter how small, like to find a parking spot, or for a good day, you will never get it if you do not ask.  And Jesus says that we need to ask for whatever it is in his name. 

The biggest hinderance for us it that we feel we are being selfish or petty.  If we are, God will answer our request in the correct manner.  You can't out do God, so ask him for your heart's desire, or maybe ask him for his heart's desires.  What a difference there will be in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment