Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My little insight

I have been away from this for about two weeks.  I lost my job, and I've been resting and trying to find myself. I threw myself into helping the marching band and helping others.  Things have been okay for us, but they are going to get hard.  I'm not sure what God has planned, but I am sure it will bring me to where he exactly wants me to be.  I don't know if this is true, but you know that little voice in the back of your head that tells you what you don't want to think or talk about, yet you can help it?  It's been telling me that I am probably off for a very good reason, like maybe my Dad's upcoming tests.  I keep saying, Nah, but what if?  And, if I live by what ifs, then I will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

So I am going to do what I know.  I don't know a lot, but I do know that I want to talk about someone else that went through a lot of ordeals or opportunities.  His name is Daniel.  Daniel is one of my heroes of the Bible.  When my son was younger, we read the whole book of Daniel.  We both enjoyed that time together and we enjoyed that God gave us something to think about.  So starting tomorrow, I will start a devotion on the book of Daniel.

I pray that each of you will join me in it.  I also pray that you will pray for my unemployed situation, and that we will be able to make the right choices for us.  I am praying for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment