Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hope for 2010

Looking back on 2009 I have found out a few things...

1. 2009 started off quiet. By March, my life was a whirlwind of doctors and medical terms because of my father's cancer. The good thing was I started the daily updates to everyone that became a soothing balm to me and now a devotion for many of us (me included).

2. Summer got underway with the kids and I was officially hired on at my company It also brought many activities to our church. July brought our nephew's wedding and week in Alabama. We had a great time and a highlight was going to The Shed in Mississippi. If you ever get a chance to go...DO IT!

3. August brought Michael and Crystal Dawson to our church as Associate Minister and wife. What an asset and blessing they are!

4. School started up in a flurry of band camp, football practices, high school and junior high. It was a big adjustment for all of us.

5. The fall saw a lot of football, Allie's first homecoming dance (which she looked beautiful), and news that my dad's cancer was gone!

6. Now we are at the end of the year. I pray that 2010 will bring more happiness, wealth and fun for my family and yours.

2009 was not a bad year, but a year for me to contemplate a lot of things, especially about my family. I will not predict anything, but am hopeful that the new year will bring us health, happiness and lots of adventures! Hope is a funny thing. As long as I have hope in the Lord, I know that he will lead me where I need to be, when I need to be there.

Psalm 25:5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment